KHARTOUM: Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) commander Fattah Al-Burhan has said that the army is continuing its war to defeat the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF).
Addressing soldiers at a military base in the New Halfa area in eastern Sudan Tuesday, Al-Burhan, who is also the chairman of Sudan’s Transitional Sovereign Council said, “We do not want to waste time in talking. We want to move forward.”
Al-Burhan commended the Sudanese people’s support for the army, saying “the Sudanese people and the army are together in one trench until this rebellion is defeated.”
He added that “the army is advancing in its battle to defeat the rebellion of the RSF backed by unprecedented popular support.”
Sudan has been witnessing deadly clashes between the SAF and the RSF since April 15, 2023. More than 13,000 people have been killed and over 9 million displaced since the fighting broke out, according to estimates released last week by the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.
- By Agencies