Skip to content

Two teenagers electrocuted to death in Warda Nabada, Mogadishu

Storyline:National News
Electricity cables can be seen haphazardly interconnected at the scene of incident. Two people were electrocuted. Photo: Goobjoog News

Two teenagers were this morning electrocuted to death in Warda Nabada district, witnesses said. Residents told Goobjoog News the two were electrocuted as they passed by Al-Towba mosque in Bar Hindi area.

The deceased, identified as Bile Nur Hassan and Mohamed Abdirahman died instantly, a witness said. “Bile who was ahead was electrocuted first and Mohamed tried to rescue him but he was electrocuted too.”

One of them was heading to Bakara marker while the other was going to a gym nearby, residents said adding the boys were aged between 15 and 16 years. There was no immediate comment from authorities or electricity company. Cases of naked electricity cables in Mogadishu are a common sight and are poorly installed in residential and commercial buildings.